Gerald Lange wrote:
> Hello members
> I'm looking for any information regarding the variegated "tongue" of a
> letterform or character. Used for optical word spacing. Apparently
> common in manuscript bookwork, early printed books (specifically,
> B42), and surprisingly, some references to TeX.
> Anyone?
> Gerald Lange


Are you maybe referring to the fact that e.g. some Hebrew letters can be
stretched so they reach the left margin of the line?
Peter T. Daniels grammatim@...