Compounds with one component being herja generally, and herlid specifically,
are very common in ON.

>From: Victor Hansen <victor_akl_nz@...>
>Subject: [norse_course] herlid / fyrd(ar)
>Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 04:58:41 -0700 (PDT)
>Hi all, quick question if I might get some help on this.
> I have two words, herlid and fyrd, I am wondering which term is closest
>to old Norse and which is more appropriate to discribe a warlike group of
>Norse people.
> Thanks.
>Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates
>starting at 1�/min.

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE!